[gst-devel] Patch to allow spaces in options for gstreamer-launch

Thomas Nyberg thomas at codefactory.se
Sun Mar 4 10:36:26 CET 2001

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Dominic Ludlam wrote:

> Also, I have two audio devices, a sound card and the microphone in my webcam.
> The webcam is /dev/dsp and the soundcard is /dev/dsp1.  This meant that by
> default the audiosink plugin output sound to my webcam which just ate
> everything passed to it.  I wasn't sure of the best way to fix this
> properly - maybe a GtkArg that enumerates all the available audio devices?

I am working on a plugin for ALSA 0.5.x, which is capable of using
multiple soundcards with multiple pcm-devices. Currently it plays audio
very nicley and I think that recording should work - however I haven't had
the chance of testing it yet. The plugin autodetects which cards are
availible and probes their capabilities. This should make it possible
for you to use whichever card you want to use. However, I do not know
if ALSA detects your webcam as a soundcard or not(one can only hope :).

When I've tested the recording-stuff I'll post the code. For all of you
using ALSA >0.5.x, I will rewrite my ALSA-code as soon as possible to
support the new ALSA 0.9.x API. This will take me some time though, since
no documentation of the new API exists.

/Thomas <thomas.nyberg at codefactory.se>
Thomas Nyberg                    thomas.nyberg at codefactory.se
CodeFactory AB                   http://www.codefactory.se/
Office: +46 (0)90 71 86 10       Cell: +46 (0)70 335 61 64