[gst-devel] mailing list problems

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon May 21 21:03:34 CEST 2001

* Christian Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org> [20010520 18:26]:
> Ok,
> I don't know who many of you have noticed but our mailinglist archive
> doesn't work anymore, the last mail added was sent two days ago.
>
> Due to that I will once again ask that we move the mailing list away
> from sourceforge. I think gnome.org would be a good choice since the
> archive there is almost updated in realtime and it doesn't have the 5-6
> hour downtime for the archive that geocrawler have each day.

Maybe a better solution would be to inform sf of the problems and try to
help them fix/improve things.

If it's just archiving you're worried about then set up a
gstreamer-devel archive bot anywhere you want and forword the list mail
to it.  No need to move the whole list for that.

> But since I know Erik and Wtay are a bit sceptical to that idea due to
> wanting to signal to the world that GStreamer is not GNOME only, might I
> ask if maybe RidgeRun has a mailinglist system we can move to?

It's much more convienient to use sf for everything... else we have to
handle more accounts on multiple machines and all that nonsense.

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/
Computer Engineering Graduate @ Virginia Tech in sunny Blacksburg, VA