[gst-devel] Docs/RFC: GstData
rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Wed Apr 17 15:18:40 CEST 2002
Hi Benjamin et all,
some short comments after reading these docs for the first time. We
should probably discuss some of this, but I'm currently in my end-school
period so I need to spend time on school as well...
On Wed, 2002-04-17 at 02:05, Benjamin Otte wrote:
* why is GstBuffer a GstInstream thing? Wouldn't GstBuffer better be a
special type of GstData on its own? Buffers and events are very
* why the separation between in and out stream events? The naming isn't
very obvious and most events can come both instream and outstream (I can
request for a new file to filesink using GstEventNewMedia and I can do
seek/flush events in avimux at the end of the input stream internally
without a notice from outside. In short, maybe it;d be better to not try
to separate them. Or is this short-sighted?
> Subbuffers have been replaced by a special kind of GstBufferClass.
I don't see any reason to let subbuffers *not* be a GstBuffer.... (?) in
order to push/pull them, they'd better be gstbuffers, right?
- /V\ | Ronald Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>
- // \\ | Running: Linux 2.4.18-XFS and OpenBSD 3.0
- /( )\ | http://ronald.bitfreak.net/
More information about the gstreamer-devel