[gst-devel] Karaoke and GStreamer

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Fri Apr 19 14:14:04 CEST 2002

hi people,
Based on the discussions we had during GUADEC I decided to look into
Karaoke and what it would take to support it. It seems Karaoke comes in
two formats. One is DVD which seems to work with any DVD player. The
second is based on a semi-standard called CD+G which is an extension to
CD Audio standard.

Here are some interesting links:

Some general overview type information on CD+G
http://www.disctronics.co.uk/technology/cdaudio/cdaud_cdgraphics.htm

Unofficial CD text FAQ:
http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/cdtext.htm

Technical info and some code for CD+G support:
http://www.jbum.com/jbum/sware/cdg_revealed.txt

Some free windows software with source for CD+G (unsure about license)
http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~aa571/cdgproj.htm
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdgproj/

A free beer windows CD+G player:
http://www.tyrannosoft.com/discplayer.html

If anyone is willing to hack on this I can sponsor you with the cost of
buying a couple of cd+g cd's