[gst-devel] CVS mailer

Erik Walthinsen omega at temple-baptist.com
Tue Feb 12 16:00:02 CET 2002

We need to deal with the CVS mailer soon.  A lot of people dislike the
current mailer because it a) sends lots of mail, and b) sends lots of
*large* mail.  There is no way to determine which changes were committed
as a set besides manually grouping related mail together.

What I would like to see is a return to the older commitprep/newlog
script that's still in CVSROOT/, modified to include URLs for each diff
that point to the cvsweb interface.  This will group diffs per-commit,
eliminating the large number of mails, and reduce the total size of each
mail to a manageable amount.

If no one else wants to try to get this working, I'll do it after the
15th, once we've finished writing these GUADEC papers...

      Erik Walthinsen <omega at temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
      _\  /_