[gst-devel] python stuff

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Tue Feb 26 13:58:05 CET 2002

I did a bit of work on python bindings.  Using the fancy shmancy pygtk
autobinding tools.  It's to the point where the bindings load but they
don't do anything special like ``work'' or ``function properly'' or
``load without spewing errors''.  Does load up with lots of classes and
functions and methods though.  It's a start.

Thought I'd at least throw the code into cvs.  But where shall it go?
I'd rather not use a common bindings module since python stuff has
nothing to do with java or perl or whatever.  Currently I have stuff in
pygstreamer/ and subdir for gstreamer/ with plans for possible future
bindings subdirs like player/, editor/, bytestream/, etc.

Does that sound good or would people prefer things like gst-python or
something else?  Or let me know why all bindings in one module is a good
idea.

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/