[gst-devel] unified sink plugin for all specific sink

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Wed Jul 17 14:04:02 CEST 2002

Actually I think monkey-media will function as THE GStreamer utility
library for GNOME2. Apps/libs just wanting simple ping sounds or other
sound effects will probably just use monkey-media. So to answer your
question, monkey-media will be the 'unified sink plugin' for GStreamer
under GNOME2.

Also you application should use the GConf keys defined for audio, the
same ones that monkey-media uses. They are distributed by us and are
part of the gst-plugins package.

Christian