[gst-devel] unified sink plugin for all specific sink

Kang Jeong-Hee Keizi at mail.co.kr
Wed Jul 17 17:36:03 CEST 2002

On 2002.07.18 05:56 Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> Actually I think monkey-media will function as THE GStreamer utility
> library for GNOME2. Apps/libs just wanting simple ping sounds or other
> sound effects will probably just use monkey-media. So to answer your
> question, monkey-media will be the 'unified sink plugin' for GStreamer
> under GNOME2.
>
> Also you application should use the GConf keys defined for audio, the
> same ones that monkey-media uses. They are distributed by us and are
> part of the gst-plugins package.
>
> Christian

You mean that individual app should check the gconf key
to determine which plugin is used for gst?

I meant a convenient sink plugin for those rountine.
for example, libgstunifiedsink.so will check the gst preference
and take proper sink plugin,
like spider decoder determine proper codec for a stream by the data.