[gst-devel] release packages

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon Mar 11 12:57:02 CET 2002

* Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org> [20020311 13:07]:
> Setting this up is easy. But I don't really see the point until we have
> a stable ABI. As long as the plugins and player will only work with the
> core they are released with I think it will cause more confusion that
> clarity to split them up at this point. As soon as the core ABI is
> stable however and we will have plugins and player releases that are
> made independent of the core then I agree with you.

I'm not quite sure what dependencies have to do with this.  I just think
it makes sense to make it clear we have 3 packages available for
download right now.  Or should I argue along with you and say due to
dependencies we should put the plugins and player and editor back in the
core tarball. ;)

and yo, bzip2 is teaching gzip a lesson with our code.  30% better for
the latest tarballs.

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/