[gst-devel] Re: [gst-cvs] thomasvs gstreamer: gstreamer/ gstreamer/docs/devhelp/ gstreamer/docs/gst/tmpl/

David I. Lehn dlehn at vt.edu
Mon Mar 11 15:25:02 CET 2002

* Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be> [20020310 15:21]:
> > * Thomas Vander Stichele <thomasvs at users.sourceforge.net> [20020310 06:48]:
> > > say, can anyone make a judgment call on whether or not these .sgml files still
> > > need to be in cvs ???
> > >     docs/gst/tmpl   : cothreads.sgml gstaggregator.sgml gstbin.sgml
> >
> > Yes, I think this is where much of the documentation text should go.
> > Seems like inline docs and doxygen usage would be more maintainable
> > though.
>
> Ok, let me rephrase the original question ;)
> Since they seem to be auto-generated, because I personally don't edit
> those files by hand, why do they need to be in cvs ?

To add to the confusion on IRC.  The docs/gst/tmpl/*sgml files should
stay in CVS, they are hand edited and supposedly automatically updated
as well.  But the 0.3.3 release has docs/gst/sgml/ and docs/gst/html
dirs.  Those dirs are autogenerated and I don't think those files are
supposed to be in the release.  And in fact they didn't used to be and I
seem to have old Makefile.am rules that get rid of them.  To make it
even more confusing.. the Makefile.am in docs/gst has tmpl/*.sgml in one
clean rule and html and sgml dirs in another.  I guess neither of these
are ever run during make dist?  That whole doc build system needs some
tender loving care...

-dave
--
David I. Lehn <dlehn at vt.edu>  | http://www.lehn.org/~dlehn/