[gst-devel] smb via gnome-vfs

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Sat Oct 26 21:24:02 CEST 2002

On Sun, 2002-10-27 at 04:05, Matthew Eaton wrote:
> Any ideas on what is going on here? I'm running debian unstable, gnome2,
> and installed all the gstreamer-* packages.
>
> In Nautilus while trying to play an mp3 on a network share:
> "Media Player" can't open "Michael W. Smith - Turn Your Eyes Upon
> Jesus.mp3" because "Media Player" can't access files at "smb" locations.
>   No other applications are available to view this file.  If you copy
> this file onto your computer, you may be able to open it.

CVS Totem can play that ;)

> I tried this directly:
>
> gst-launch gnomevfssrc
> location="smb://zion/C/My%20Documents/My%20Music/05 - Michael W. Smith -
> Open the Eyes of My Heart.mp3"

That's wrong, replace all the spaces with %20. Should already work
better.

> gnomevfssrc0: filesize = 5219517
>
> but then it just took up 97 % of the cpu and did nothing.

You'd need to add a bit of debug for the output to be of any use (the
lads on this list will know more about the exact commands). My guess is
that it's trying to seek, and not managing to do so. (smb: doesn't
support seeking right now, that's planned though)

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when
there is no longer anything to take away.
						Antoine de Saint-Exupery