[gst-devel] mixing "beeps" in with the main audio stream

Michael Rothwell rothwell at holly-springs.nc.us
Mon Sep 9 12:40:06 CEST 2002

I am trying to determine the best way to mix short "beep" type sounds
with an ongoing stream. These beeps will be for notifications while an
MP3, OGG, etc. track is playing. I'll be using gstreamer as the media
framework for an appliance-type media player. For instance, click the
"up" button on the control, hear a "bloop" noise. Think "TiVo."

ShouldI make two piplelines, one for the beeps and one for the main
audio stream, and then mix them together and send it to oss? One
pipeline with several bins? Should these be separate threads? Would I
need to modify the running pipeline to play the extra beep sound?

Thanks,

Michael