[gst-devel] Segv with spider, relocation error with afparse

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at urgent.rug.ac.be
Tue Sep 10 02:41:01 CEST 2002

On 10 Sep 2002, Steve Baker wrote:

> On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 11:14, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> > > afparse needs the CVS version of audiofile, which has been the case for
> > > many months. I wish there would be an official release but I've given up
> > > asking for one.
> > >
> > > cheers
> >
> > Have you had any sort of response, or just silence ?
>
> There have been stated intentions of doing a release but I think the
> reasons for delay are that:
> - the guy is busy
> - release has other changes which require testing before calling it
> stable (not that this testing is actually happening).

Yeah, I understand ;) otoh, maybe we could cook up a release for him that
has ONLY changes to what we need, not all of the other changes.  So we go
back to the release version and apply our needed patches from there.

That might make it easier for him to actually approve.

> > There are two things we can do here.
> > a) turn on the Uraeus PR machine
>
> Tried that, maybe its time for another onslaught.
Certainly ;)

> > b) include current audiofile in our tree, as I'm going to do with librtp
>
> It would be nice to avoid this if possible.

I'd like to have a working afparse at all cost, and this last option is a
temporary option.

Thomas

Is there a voice unkind
in the back of your mind
saying "maybe you didn't know him at all"
<-*- thomas at apestaart.org -*->