[gst-devel] Controlling video playback

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue Dec 16 15:35:01 CET 2003

> >For a), the question is rather vague, but in general
> >gst-plugins/gst-libs/gst/play is what you want.  Julien added a sample
> >playback app there so you can see how it works.  He is rewriting it
> >these days though, because there were some core changes holding him
> >back.  So feel free to discuss it with him either here or on IRC.
> >
> I don't see any playback app in that directory.

That's the library you want to use.  When Julien has it settled I'll add
API docs on how to use it.

If you want an example of a simple program that uses it, check in
gst-plugins/examples/gstplay

>   To be honest, I'm not
> even sure about how to use the video filters / plugins.

Are you talking about "using" them, ie in apps, or are you talking about
developing them ? Your previous post seemed to suggest you wanted to
develop one.

>  The
> documentation is sparse to say the least.  But perhaps I just don't know
> where to look.

The docs on writing plugins are sparse, yes, and someone needs to step
forward to write them.

Thomas