[gst-devel] new rules

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Dec 19 09:25:02 CET 2003

El vie, 19-12-2003 a las 17:12, Benjamin Otte escribió:
> Since that was the general consensus, let's do it:
>
> GStreamer will use a ChangeLog from the moment ds' tagging work is merged,
> or basically: 0.7.4 onward.
> If it's too much work, we can remove it later on, but for now we need to
> get used to it so it works flawlessly in 0.8.

I'll try and get some docs written + some tools available as discussed
that make it a lot easier to do this nicely.

(BTW, ds, I've used cvs2cl today to look at what changed between
releases for the release notes.  I thought it was horrible :) Given some
of the commits I did today as well that shouldn't really be in a
ChangeLog, I really rather would have no ChangeLog at all than one done
by cvs2cl)

> The old ChangeLog will be renamed to ChangeLog-pre0.7.4 and a note will be
> added at the top that it is incomplete.

Please give it some other name.  or put it in docs/random instead.  But
don't clutter the top srcdir with ugly files like this :)  Yeah, in
fact, don't put it in the top srcdir, it has no right to be there
anymore.

> Whenever some decision is made on IRC that might be interesting to
> someone else, please write a short mail to this list in the form "A, B and
> me discussed X on IRC and decided Y" so everyone knows about it.

Sounds like a plan.

Thomas

Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://davedina.apestaart.org/
It's not love it