[gst-devel] Various media-player & nautilus view rants

Julien MOUTTE jmoutte at electronic-group.com
Tue Feb 11 03:50:02 CET 2003

Hi Xavier,

thanks for testing gst-player...

> - fullscreen in xinerama expands on both screens. this is baad on my
> setup, because both screens don't have the same size, and only one of
> them does Xv.

This is a metacity bug. gst-player use metacity to fullscreen its own window and metacity should only fullscreen on the head the application is currently running on.. I confirmed this behaviour with Havoc Pennington (author of metacity)

> - various *frequent* crashes

Please report backtraces of these crashes with explanations if you want me to try to fix those. (use bugzilla)

> - when video is paused, refresh doesn't work

What do you call refresh ? (nautilus embedded bonobo component ?)

> - fullscreen isn't disabled from the menu when playing mp3

There's no reason to disable fullscreen in audio playback. I m planning to integrate vizualisation plugin so there will be video playback on audio play.

> - nautilus view doesn't scale with window

I haven't been trying the nautilus embedding of gst-player yet.. That's something i consider as non-stable

> - the video widget should revert to xshm when it's (even partially) on a
> non-xv screen

scaling without xv is not yet supported.

Thanks for feedback

Dolphy

Julien MOUTTE - jmoutte at electronic-group.com
C.T.O.

ELECTRONIC GROUP INTERACTIVE - www.electronic-group.com
World Trade Center, Moll de BARCELONA
Edificio Norte 4 Planta
08039 BARCELONA SPAIN
Tel : +34 93600 23 23 Fax : +34 93600 23 10