[gst-devel] SIGSEGV on Mandrake 9.0

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Jan 10 01:24:02 CET 2003

Hey Charles,

On Thu, 2003-01-09 at 20:00, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> BTW I have not delved to see why but it was necessary for me to disable
> the plugins for v4l2, flac and libdv

This *might* have to do with either the fact that Mdk includes some old
version of v4l2 (try to make sure they include the one that was included
in kernel 2.5.x as well), or the fact that you use -Werror (some evil
idiot let sys/time.h and linux/time.h not work together, which causes
compilation to fail).

Anyway, compiling the v4l2 plugins (or any v4l2 app) is a bit of a PITA
currently, sorry for that. I hope next releases of distributions fix
this.

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer