[gst-devel] Some test results

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller Uraeus at linuxrising.org
Sat Jan 11 15:50:01 CET 2003

Hi,
Ok I just built gstreamer cvs and plugins, nautilus-media and
gst-player. I also built a i586 glibc. I also want to point out that I
run things installed which I guess can make a difference in some
situations.

To take the glibc issue first. For me the tests worked with i586 glibc
like they do for i386 glibc. So it looks to me the issue is limited to
i686 glibc.

So for media.
gst-launch-ext managed to play mp3 and ogg and fli

It specifically failed to play mpeg, avi and mod (I do not have windec
installed)

Just running gst-launch and spider it played avi and mpeg fine for me so
it seems the issue is related to the stuff we do to play both video and
sound.

gst-player do not play anything for me at all atm. Starting it and
pressing play do not seem to have any effect at all. No errors, no
nothing. (Neither does rhythmbox 0.4.1 (RH version)

Nautilus-media mostly works well for playback, it do hang on some songs,
but I think that is related to the wav/mp3 issue Thomas has mentioned.
Also it seemed to me that the properties page stuff hanged if the song
had no metadata (example mp3 without an id3 tag).

Christian

--
Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller <Uraeus at linuxrising.org>