[gst-devel] flac to ogg conversion

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Mon Jul 14 12:55:16 CEST 2003

Hey Marcel,

On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 21:13, Marcelo N. Halpern wrote:
> What I am trying to accomplish is to copy the flac metadata (vorbis
> comment tags) into the ogg metadata. The idea is to convert flac to ogg
> keeping comments tags.

Well, Benjamin is trying to convert metadata into a GStreamer pipeline
datatype, which means that it's maintained along such a line
automatically.

For now, listen to the metadata notification on the flacdec object, and
when that's emitted, retrieve (g_object_get ()) it from the decoder and
set the metadata (g_object_set ()) on the encoder, and that's all.

HTH,

Ronald