[gst-devel] sourceforge cvs problems

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Thu Jun 26 14:50:02 CEST 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:38:06PM +0200, Ronald Bultje wrote:
> > And recently someone said to me "that really is a showstopper."
> That was probably me.

Or it could have been me.

> One thing, just to make it clear: I'm not saying I don't see the
> problem. It's extremely annoying that SF is having these issues lately,
> becoming highly unusable, and causing a lot of inconvenience. You're not
> the fist to complain about it. ;). I know that we've got a problem here.
> Fortunately, SF claims to be working on it, we'll where that brings
> us...

Since I already maintain a server that has a lot of anonymous CVS
traffic, I set up a mirror of GStreamer CVS using the nightly
tarballs on SourceForge.  I'll set up a cron job to update it
nightly.  This has the added benefit of being backed up onto tapes
that are in my posession.

  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.comedi.org:/home/sf/gstreamer login
  cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.comedi.org:/home/sf/gstreamer co <module>

I'm currently not intending to maintain this long-term, so it
may disappear without warning.  But I don't mind if people use it
until then.

dave...