[gst-devel] ffmpeg

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Apr 14 08:27:00 CEST 2004

So,

at ronald's request I updated our ffmpeg snapshot to a new one and fixed
ensuing patch drift.  I also wrote down the procedure in HACKING in
gst-ffmpeg.  Ronald, for the next update I think it'd be a good idea if
we went through it together, ie. you doing it and me being online to
help figure out stuff.  Once you get used to it it only takes like half
an hour, most of which is spent waiting for cvs :) But you need to make
sure you're doing the right thing at each step.

I also had to put in a simple fix for a code file that was obviously
wrong; a function call was missing four arguments ! :) So I'm pretty
sure that the snapshot date you gave me was one that didn't compile...
For the next time, I think it will be a lot easier on yourself when
updating if you check beforehand whether or not the snapshot is
compilable.  I guess this time I was lucky :)

Anyway, can you test it some more now and see if it's ok ?

Thomas

See how I vigorously don't care