[gst-devel] "No such element or plugin mad"

vishwanath H.G visuu2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 14 02:47:00 CET 2004

Hi,
I am new to this gstreamer and try to play mp3 file using mad plugin on target using gstreamer libraries, So I compiled gstreamer-0.8.7 & gst-plugins for ARM and then copied the installed plugins and gstreamer libraries to my target filesystem.
But when I run "gst-register" command with plugins path, it just hangs.
# gst-register --gst-plugin-path=/lib
Rebuilding global_registry (/usr/local/var/cache/gstreamer-0.8/registry.xml) ....
         -----> hanging here
Can someone point me to the error?
Is there any files to be create on taget....
Please revert back......

Thanks
Vishwa