[gst-devel] bugzilla email notification request

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Thu Dec 16 12:33:01 CET 2004

>> Stephane's bug updates were somewhat useful because he added keywords
>> and all that, but the same goes there: it's too much. I read 1 or 2 and
>> just ignored the others. The bug updates may be useful, but the
>> notifications definately aren't. I don't know how to solve it (I wish
>> there was a button "don't send notification for this change"). The same
>> probably goes here: it's better to email us privately then to update
>> status of 100+ bugs. In a nutshell, you could say that bugzilla doesn't
>> scale for me.
>
> So go to the email prefs in bugzilla and turn of the stuff you don't
> like/want:
>
> http://bugzilla.gnome.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email

Or maybe we need to tweak the userprefs for bugzilla user
gstreamer-bugs at lists.sourceforge.net to not send emails for the less
interesting changes. If we can't agree on which options to turn off then
someone could set up a gstreamer-bugs-lite at lists.sourceforge.net.

As a first stab, how about we enable:
New Comments are added
New Attachments are added
The bug is resolved or verified

And disable the following:
I'm added to or removed from this capacity
Priority, status, severity, and/or milestone changes
Keywords field changes
CC field changes
Any field not mentioned above changes

So if someone changes one of these and they want to inform the world of
the change then they just need to add a comment.

cheers