[gst-devel] The Quest for a scheduler

iain iain at prettypeople.org
Fri Jan 16 16:02:00 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 00:37 +0100, Christian Schaller wrote:

> The current default opt, seems to be unable to handle video playback
> with sound. Using it with gst-player or Totem I get hangs with mpegs and
> avi gets very easily out of sync.

If people give me pipelines that don't work, I will try my very best to
look into the opt thing, but I'm not a video guy and have no idea how to
even construct those long pipelines :) so I'm going to need someone to
show me whats not working (cos it works okay with Marlin (finally))

And the pipelines cant use Alsa, unless they come complete with a
soundcard that I can get to work with alsa :p

But bear in mind...I've been lucky the two times I fixed opt before.
iain