[gst-devel] fractions

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Wed Jul 14 11:45:10 CEST 2004

So,

slightly reworked patches.  For GstFraction, I "fixed" nominator to read
numerator (how embarassing).  For the plugins, I've also fixed matroska
and theora, and tested, and they work perfectly.  Better than I had
expected even.  Would be nice if I could find some working test files
that actually had non-square pixels :) but I can fake a different PAR on
xvimagesink and test that it works.  Videoscale is still in the works,
and stalling on Dave's feedback atm (though I have - snipped - attempts
at it).  The plugins part can of course wait some more.

Just like Andy, I'd like to put in the core patch in time for the
freeze.  I haven't had someone object yet.

If someone still wants to object to the principle of GstFraction, please
first answer which framerate fraction the double 29.969999000000001 came
from.  This is GStreamer's value for the framerate of an actual
reference test clip from one of the codec projects (bonus points for
guessing which file :)) Answering this question correctly in GStreamer
is necessary to transcode this file correctly to, for example,
Ogg/Theora.

Let me know,
Thomas

There's nothing I want to see