[gst-devel] fractions

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Jul 14 13:36:06 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 08:43:41PM +0200, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> If someone still wants to object to the principle of GstFraction, please
> first answer which framerate fraction the double 29.969999000000001 came
> from.

29 + 29099/29999.

There are, of course, algorithms for figuring these things out.
(I didn't bother to check if that can be simplified.)

We'll need this kind of conversion anyway, to convert a format that
has a float framerate to fraction framerate.

Conversely, how am I supposed to express a pixel ratio that smoothly
varies over time from one value to another?

dave...