[gst-devel] Test results from last weekend

Darren Blaser darrenb at extendedsystems.com
Sun Jul 18 06:58:15 CEST 2004

I tested a bunch of files from  ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/samples/
with mplayer and gst-player on a freshly installed FC2 box with
gstreamer-universe installed. It was interesting to note that most
everything failed until after I also applied most of the updates
available via up2date as well. You can see in the results table in the
attached file after test sample X when I applied the up2date available
patches.

I play to do some more testing this weekend so if anyone wants to
request a certain set of files to be tested just let me know.
The test summary at the bottom of the chart shows gst-player still has a
ways to go to catch up with mplayer.

Thanks.