[gst-devel] multifilesink and proposal to merge it with filesink

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Jul 30 10:32:00 CEST 2004

Hi,

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> Can I ask why it's a good idea at all to pretend that one file becomes
> one buffer, and limit ourselves internally this way ?

Image-to-video. ffmpeg -i jpg, jpeg2yuv, everything. This is extremely
useful for still inserts in DVDs, SVCDs, photo-VCDs and the like. Any
multimedia toolset has such a tool. If you don't understand its use, then
you've probably never looked at DVDs and the like. Anyway, I definately
see its use.

Ronald