[gst-devel] videosink plugin: how to ?

Vincent Torri torri at math.u-strasbg.fr
Sat Jun 19 01:07:00 CEST 2004

Hello,

i would like to write a sink plugin for a gdk-like library. Before writing
it, as i am familiar with gtk, i would like to create a simple plugin and
widget for gtk. I know that there exists a gtk widget  for that (in gst
player). But i find it a bit difficult to understand, as i'm not very
familiar with gstreamer.

More precisely, i would like to make from scratch a very simple program
to learn how to do this plugin. It would be a windows, the widget which
displays the video, and that's all (no pause buttons, etc...) The video is
launch as soon as the prog is executed.

So i would like to know if there is some doc about writing a video
plugin.

I also have a more precise question: i think that the sink for the video
is xvideosink (correct me if i'm wrong). So how i could tell gtk (or
gdk) that the images it has to display (in a gdkwindow, i think) are the
one produced by xvideosink ? What is the link between them ?

So if someone could help me (in anyway : some files to look at, some
explanations on the plugin and the widget, or anything else), i would
appreciate it very much !

Thank you !

Vincent TORRI

PS: the best thing would be a doc about that on gstreamer.net :) If i
understand how to do that, i would gladly write such a doc :)