[gst-devel] Ogg, Spider, and Volume not working together

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Fri Mar 5 13:57:03 CET 2004

Quoting Thomas Vander Stichele <thomas at apestaart.org>:

> It's not giving that error, which is what I was trying to debug.  Out of
> curiosity, why should it try to run anyway ?

"Be generous in the input you allow."
That's why gst-launch continues even when a parsing error happened.
If you don't like it, it's probably a one-liner in gst-launch.

> Hm - but it is annoying that the actual problem is buried in a lot of
> unrelated output.  Tell you what - if you find the right way of fixing
> vorbisdec ! osssink not complaining we'll revert that patch.

# gst-launch-0.7 filesrc location=/mnt/windows-alt/Temp/New/Avril\ Lavigne\ -\
Sk8er\ Boi\ \(Skater\ Boy\).ogg ! oggdemux ! vorbisdec ! osssink device=/dev/dsp1
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link vorbisdec0 to osssink0
         Trying to run anyway.
RUNNING pipeline ...
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to play.

Can I now revert that?
Apps that want that behaviour can use an error handler. (We might even argue
about adding one to gst-launch though I'd prefer not to.)

Benjamin