[gst-devel] doing 0.10 releases
Thomas Vander Stichele
thomas at apestaart.org
Fri Dec 16 06:13:17 CET 2005
So, with 0.10.0 out the door, and some nice new fixes in CVS, I want to
discuss our release approach for the next few months.
Here are the things I definately want to do:
- as in 0.8, decouple release dates for the various modules as much as
- maybe core and -base should be released together, maybe not
- maybe bad should be released with ugly/good when elements have
moved, maybe not
- have something new to release biweekly or weekly
- do prereleases that float around for a day or three before doing a
final release, so people can test and prepare packaging
- release Fedora packages on the same day
- (hopefully) have more packagers release together
Feel free to comment on any of these.
Now, in practice, I'd like to either:
- prerelease on mondays, release on thursdays
- prerelease on thursday/friday, release on mondays
I guess the biggest question is - do people prefer working on the final
release and testing prereleases over the weekend, or during the week ?
As an aside, I'd like to start rolling a first set of prereleases either
today or monday.
Dave/Dina : future TV today ! - http://www.davedina.org/
<-*- thomas (dot) apestaart (dot) org -*->
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
I know you'll be a star in someone else's sky
but why oh why oh why
why can't it be mine ?
<-*- thomas (at) apestaart (dot) org -*->
URGent, best radio on the net - 24/7 ! - http://urgent.fm/
More information about the gstreamer-devel