[gst-devel] YSTV Theora Web Stream Launch

Dave Baker dave at ystv.york.ac.uk
Sun Dec 25 03:08:09 CET 2005

Hi,

You might be interested to know that YSTV, a small student-run TV station
based in York, UK, will be starting to stream over the Internet as of the
13th of January. As far as we know, this will be the first ever TV station
broadcasting throughout the world in Ogg Theora! There will be a special live
show to celebrate at 7:00GMT on the 13th.

More details can be found at: http://ystv.york.ac.uk/streamlaunch/
or a press release at: http://ystv.york.ac.uk/streamlaunch/pressrelease.php

We're also appealing for people to mirror the stream, since we don't have a
great deal of bandwidth available. If anyone on these lists has the
capability to run an Icecast mirror server and help us, and Theora in
general, you can find more details at:
http://ystv.york.ac.uk/streamlaunch/mirrors.php

Thanks!

--