[gst-devel] summit conclusions + plans

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Thu Feb 24 11:00:08 CET 2005

Hi,

Some small typos:

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 19:19 +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:
> - a second list of elements needs to be ported by other people than the
> commiter: adder, textoverlay, textparse, ffmpegcolorspace, videotestsrc,
> sinesrc, tcp, gnomevfssrc, libvisual

The list also includes avidemux (we wanted a duplicate for each type of
element in the first list).

> - applying changes from THREADED (Wim)
> - synchronization (Ronald)
> - negotiation (David)
> - logging (Benjamin)
> - triggers (David)
> - dparams (Stefan/Edward)
> - plugins splitup (Thomas)

I'll do the work required to decrease startup time as well.

> - As part of this approach, we will also keep docs to explain how to
> migrate from 0.8 to 0.10.  These migration docs will end up being used
> to rewrite the plugin writers guide soon before the release

To prevent confusion, we will not rewrite the manual or the plugin
guide. We will create a migration guide of some sort, and will in the
end update the relevant sections of the manual/plugin guide with the new
stuff in the migration guide.

Good stuff, let's make it happen.

Ronald

--