[gst-devel] gst-player configure problem

Ronald S. Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Sat Jan 29 02:51:25 CET 2005

Hi Robert,

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 11:22, Robert Osfield wrote:
> I spent the whole of yesterday trying to get gstreamer and associated modules
> compiled and installed, while I'm encouraged by the quality of the website
> and the aims of gstreamer, I must admit the number of external dependencies
> was a serious drawback, both w.r.t build support and compiling agains the
> dependencies.
>
> I have got gstreamer-0.8.8, gst-ffmpeg-0.8.3 and gst-plugins-0.8.7 all
> compiled and installed. I also tried the cvs versions.  I also tried
> gst-editor (from CVS) and gst-player-0.8.0 and alas didn't get these
> compiling, despite as far as I'm aware installing all dependencies.  I run
> through things that might be of interest in diagnosing the problem.

You make some mistakes here. Don't compile yourself, it's a hell. We
know. Don't do it. Simply use packages. We provide packages for all
dependencies on our website, plus all gst packages. Secondly, gst-player
is deprecated and unmaintained, don't use it. Use totem.

Ronald

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>