[gst-devel] GstPolyBin idea and request for comments

Benjamin Otte in7y118 at public.uni-hamburg.de
Tue Mar 8 12:02:34 CET 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Stefan Kost wrote:

> hi,
>
> today we've discussed the GstController (next gen dparams) on IRC and decided to
> add a G_PARAM_SPEC flag to mark gst_element properties as controllable.

Can you register those flags using some function or do you just use
$number? In the second case I would advise against using G_PARAM_SPEC
flags, because you can't be sure that another project hasn't already used
the same flag. And GStreamer interoperates with a lot of projects.
I would use some GstController specific function to request the
controllable params.