[gst-devel] name suggestion for a new iface

Steve Baker steve at stevebaker.org
Wed Mar 23 14:22:00 CET 2005

> Hi Steve,
>
> true. they indeed have a lot in common. I don't understand whatfor we need
> the
> interface though. We could just subclass the bin.

Sorry, I thought you preferred an interface. Subclass would be better.

> A problem with subclassing the bin is to provide the ghostpads, or am I
> overseeing something here?

I'm not sure. So if you had a GstParallelBin which you subclass to get
your polyphonic element its probably up to your subclass to:
- manage the children
- set up its own ghost pads
- add the elements required to mix the children pads down to a single pad
(if that is what is required)

cheers