[gst-devel] documentation corrections

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Tue May 17 10:22:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

> I have read gstreamer documentation (from CVS) and found some typos or
> errors.

Thanks for spotting.  Next time, you might want to provide a patch, it
is a lot faster both for you and me - for you, since you save some
typing in this mail, and for me, since I can just apply :)

> Gstreamer Plugin Writer's Guide
> ================================
>
> simple typos:
> ----------------

all done, plus some other typos in their neighbourhood.

> deeper corrections:
> ------------------------
> - building-boiler.xml: l.85-88 : references "gst-quick-stamp",
> "gst-project-stamp", "pluginstamp.sh". Do they still exist ? I am unable
> to find them...
> - building-boiler.xml: l.85-88 : references
> "examples/pwg/examplefilter/boiler/gstexamplefilter.h". I am unable to
> find it. It should probably be "examples/plugins/example.[hc]"
> - building-boiler.xml: l.211 : talks about _base_init() function, but
> this function is not in example.c (it seems that _base_init() is merged
> with _class_init() in example.c).
> - advanced-request.xml: l.120 : in example, filter->firstrun is
> initialized to TRUE and tested, but never set to FALSE
> - advanced-clock.xml: l.56: A filesrc is connected to a MPEG decoder.
> Shouldn't it be a demuxer ?
> On the same line, shouldn't it be "the latter" and not "the former" ?

None of these done, needs more time and work.

> Gstreamer Application Development Manual
> ================================
> simple typos:
> ----------------

all done.

> deeper corrections:
> ------------------------
>  hello-world.fig : the pipeline is false : the parser "parse" is
> missing. The pipeline should be the same as in mime-world.fig.

not done, needs redrawing and an xfig master

> examples/plugins/example.h
> examples/plugins/example.c

all done.

Thanks
Thomas

But you never lost your beauty
Although you lost your hope
And you made no mistake you couldn't wash away
with liar's tears pouring down your face