[gst-devel] Mastroska muxer 0.9 port

Thomas Vander Stichele thomas at apestaart.org
Sat Oct 15 04:04:17 CEST 2005

Hi,

> >Excellent.  You say you tested with valgrind - I assume you ran it on
> >gst-launch with some mkv files ? Any chance I can get you to add some
> >unit tests to check for your muxer ?
> >

> Of course, I am want to add proper unit tests. My test was C application
> with pipe
> videotestsrc num-buffers=5 ! matroskamux ! filesink
> and error handler connected. Is this enough? Where should the test be
> placed? Is it gst-plugins-good/testsuite/matroska? Is there some
> existing test I can use as reference?

We have some pipeline checks in gstreamer/check/pipelines.
For the matroska muxer, you could do something similar to
gst-plugins-base/check/elements/vorbisdec.c

You construct test buffers, push them out on a pad into your muxer, and
you test if your muxer reacts correctly - does it send the right error
messages if you feed wrong data, does it handle eos, ...

Let me know if you need more info, testing element functionality is
something we're still figuring out along the way :)

Thomas

They say if you love somebody
you have got to set them free
but I would rather be locked to you