[gst-devel] Conversion to ARGB32

Tim Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Tue Apr 11 01:00:02 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 08:23 +0200, Zack Rusin wrote:

> I've just been toying around with playing some transformed movies on a
> custom canvas and I need each frame in ARGB32. I'm trying to use
> capsfilter along ffmpegcolorspace to make sure that in my handoff
> callback I'm actually getting the right format.
>
> The problem is that the code I have in the callback
> for "new-decoded-pad" for it is freezing the pipeline (handoff callback
> is never called). To be more specific setting the caps on the
> capsfilter seems to cause it. If I avoid the g_object_set call the
> handoff callback is called fine (but of course with yuv data which
> doesn't work for me).

The ffmpegcolorspace element should go before the capsfilter, so
ffmpegcolorspace can convert from whatever format there is on the decode
pad to the format you want.

Also, you'll need to do

 g_object_set (fakesink, "signal-handoffs", TRUE, NULL);

to actually get handoff signals. Also, you'll only get 'handoff' signals
in PLAYING state, so setting the pipeline to PAUSED isn't going to be
enough.

 Cheers
  -Tim