[gst-devel] RTP synchronization

Rony Rad ronyrad at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 17:46:33 CET 2006

Hi

I am developing a program that deals with rtpstreams.

I have a procedure that need to accept rtp stream and  after decoding it
forward it  to another  host:

I implement a receiving part of  incomming G711 Alaw rtp stream by building
a pipeline simmilar to:
----------------------------------
rtpbin  rtcp-support=false localport=ZZ !
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=8000,media=audio,payload=8,encoding-name=PCMA !
rtppcmadepay ! alawdec
--------------------------------------
And I have a piece of code (that I do not want to change now !!!) that
implements the following pipeline
-------------------------------
alawenc ! rtppcmapay max-ptime=20000000 !
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=8000,media=audio,payload=8,encoding-name=PCMA !
rtpbin destinations=X.X.X.X:Y localport=XX
---------------------------------

In order to forward the stream I link this two pipelines together, so I get
the following big pipeline that I am trying to test from the command line.

gst-launch-0.10  rtpbin  rtcp-support=false localport=12345 !
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=8000,media=audio,payload=8,encoding-name=PCMA !
rtppcmadepay ! alawdec ! alawenc ! rtppcmapay max-ptime=20000000 !
application/x-rtp,clock-rate=8000,media=audio,payload=8,encoding-name=PCMA !
rtpbin destinations=127.0.0.1:12358 localport=12348

The problem is that if I am starting rtpstream before I launch the above
command all outgoing packets have constant timestamp!
But if I start the command above before I start rtpstream, outgoing stream
from my host looks fine.

So I guess that I have a sync problem that I do not know how to solve.

Please help me to solve it !

Thanks

Rony,