[gst-devel] Initial experience with 0.10.1

Andy Wingo wingo at pobox.com
Wed Jan 11 03:48:02 CET 2006

Hi Michael,

On Wed, 2006-01-04 at 17:53 -0600, W. Michael Petullo wrote:
> Overall, I the system worked well and I am able to play many media files
> for which there are plugins.  As mentioned in the release documentation,
> there are many plugins that have not yet been ported from the 0.8 series.
> Is there a formal effort to port these over?  I am especially interested
> in the dvdnav and dvdread plugins.

There's no formal effort, it's just people hacking, coordinated over IRC
mostly. Two people interested in this space are Jan Schmidt (thaytan)
and Martin Soto (soto), although I don't think they're focused on these
plugins in particular -- there are other ways to approach the DVD
problem.

Regards,
--
Andy Wingo