[gst-devel] Regarding GStreamer/Cupid

Zaheer Merali zaheerabbas at merali.org
Wed May 17 04:53:07 CEST 2006

On 5/17/06, Vidhu Bennie <vidhu_ben at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am a newbie with regards to GStreamer. I was just trying to study
> GStreamer for developing my own recorder application using GStreamer.

Super.

> So as part of this, I was looking into the existing applications which has
> been built upon Gstreamer.
>
> I was trying to install the cupid recorder appln(ver 0.0.2), downloaded from
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-recorder/

Unfortunately cupid has not yet been ported to use 0.10 of GStreamer.
It uses 0.8.

> I have GStreamer 0.10.4 installed in my system (Fedora 5).
>
> I have few questions.
>
> 1) Is this the latest version (0.0.2) available for cupid..?? If a newer
> version than 0.0.2 is available, from where can i get the same..??
> 2) Is there any activity happenning right now towards cupid..??

Ronald should be able to answer these 2 questions.

> 3) Is there any other recorder ( audio/video capture with sync from
> microphone and webcam) solution available now, which uses GStreamer ..??

The only one I know of is Flumotion which is designed to be a
streaming server but can also be used for the use case of audio/video
capture, encode and save to disk.

> 4) Does 0.0.2 version of cupid uses GStreamer0.8 or 10.4 ..??
> 5) Is there any port of cupid for GStreamer10.4 and above available
>
> Finally and most importantly, I was not succesfull in installing the cupid
> package downloaded from the above site.
> I used ./configure and it is giving me the following error message.
>
> "checking for GST... checking for GSTLIBS... configure: error: Gstreamer
> Interfaces or GConf >= 0.8.7 was not found"

Cupid uses GStreamer 0.8 and possibly FC5 only has gstreamer 0.10.

> Can any one help me to find a solutions for the same...???
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Vidhu.

Take Care

Zaheer