[gst-devel] application develoment

ram kumar heyram_2002 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 06:20:25 CET 2006

hi developers,
           1.   I need an alternative to compile an
application that uses gstreamer in vc++.In the
developers manual iam able to get useful information
for linux like
To compile any application(.c file), use: gcc -Wall
$(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10)
helloworld.c -o helloworld. GStreamer makes use of
pkg-config to get compiler and linker flags needed
to compile this application.
2.This information works fine with linux...Can any
body say how to compile it in vc++(compiler) on
windows platform.
3.How to inform the gstreamer about the compiler and
linker flags using vc++(6)
4.In the manual its given like gstreamer uses
pkg-config...whether any other tool is available in
VC++ to cmpile the application so that to inform
gstreamer about the compiler linker flags..
5.In source code(windows) of gstreamer VC6 worksace
builds gst-launch.exe.I want to know whether Our
application which we build using gstreamer uses the
same gst-launch.exe to play the media file.Its this
stuff which is confusing me for a long time....