[gst-devel] GStreamer and OpenMAX Integration Layer

Wilson, Diego dwilson at ti.com
Tue Oct 3 16:39:47 CEST 2006

Hi David,

I'm sorry for the delayed reply. I needed to
consult other people in order to give out a better informed
answer.

Regarding your question:

> Are you also going to deliver relevant OpenMAX components
> and OpenMAX Core implementations ?

Right now we don't know if TI's implementation of
OpenMAX will be contributed. However, even if it where
contributed, it would only run in a TI platform.

Hence, what we need right now is a common OpenMAX development
platform that is more accesible for any developer
who wishes to get involved.

Now your next question.

> Which kind of multimedia OpenMAX components are you going to
> wrap with the GStreamer plugins you are contributing ?

We have developed the following multimedia formats using the
OpenMAX IL 1.0 specification. While the general plan is to
release all of them, the exact list is currently being
reviewed by Management and may change.

-AMR-NB Encoder
-AMR-NB Decoder
-AMR-WB Encoder
-AMR-WB Decoder
-AAC Encoder
-AAC Decoder
-MP3 Decoder
-WMA Decoder
-H.263 Encoder
-H.263 Decoder
-MPEG-4 Encoder
-MPEG-4 Decoder
-H.264 Encoder
-H.264 Decoder
-WMV Decoder
-JPEG Encoder
-JPEG Decoder
-PCM Encoder
-PCM Decoder

Some of these are still under development. So they would
be contributed as they are completed.

Hope this answered your questions.

Regards,

--