[gst-devel] how to use hardware buffer in the pipeline

zhangfei gao gaozhangfei at yahoo.com.cn
Thu Jun 7 07:13:16 CEST 2007

Hi,

  gstreamer has provided a method allowed using hardware buffer, I feel confused how to use this feature.

  1. GstBaseSink provides an overridable ::buffer_alloc function to be overwitten, but I could not find the free buffer function.

  2.  GstBaseSink could handle this function, then how about general plugin such as encoder, could I provide such function providing buffer to src element by means of gst_pad_set_bufferalloc_function.
  Still I only find bufferallocfunc, but could not find bufferfreefunc.

  3.  there is an example, if I want to share buffer in camerasrc, encoder and overlay2sink

gst-launch camerasrc width=640 height=480 ! tee name=t t. ! queue ! h264enc frame_width=640 frame_height=480 frame_rate=30 bit_rate=1500000 ! fakesink t. ! queue ! overlay2sink

option 1: camerasrc malloc buffer, there will no problem
option 2: encoder and overlay2sink provide the hardware buffer, then there will be a problem. Since I use tee element, which buffer is really used by camerasrc, from overlay2sink or from encoder ,is there any conflict.

  Thanks in advance