[gst-devel] GStreamer and GSoC

Christian F.K. Schaller christian at fluendo.com
Thu Mar 15 11:02:48 CET 2007

Hi everyone,
So it seems GStreamer didn't get through for this years Summer of Code.
I am not sure why, but it seems that projects that didn't screw up last
year got almost automatic re-approval no matter how irrelevant their
are. So considering it was next to impossible to displace an existing
project I guess they felt the multimedia field where already heavily
covered with the already participating organizations and the few new
names on the list are from somewhat different fields than the existing
projects for the most part.

So I suggest that people who want to do GStreamer SoC projects do what
people did last year, submit them to other projects which are related.
For instance all GTK+-using proposals submit them to GNOME and all
Qt-using proposals go to KDE and so on.

So while I am as disappointed as anyone else about this, lets just move
on.

Christian