[gst-devel] Video capture src for windows. Element not being registered?

Joni Valtanen jvaltane at movial.fi
Wed Mar 14 17:25:04 CET 2007

Are you testing it with 64-bit windows? My guess is based on registry
name. Is it possible to run gst in 64-bit win?

dscapture library is developed and tested with 32-bit. So there should be
problems with 64-bit windows.

I have copied all plugins in the same directory and added GST_PLUGIN_PATH
environment variable to point there. There is possibility to pass
--gst-plugin-path=path_to_plugins to the program from commandline. I
haven't tested this with inpect or launch.

Sometimes in windows I have had to remove whole registry file because it
has gone broken.

Anyway tell your experiences to me..  ..and pathes are welcome too.

- Joni