[gst-devel] adder, tee and two sinks -- second try

Mathis Hofer mathis.hofer at dreamlab.net
Wed Mar 21 09:44:18 CET 2007

sorry forgot to copy...

Hallo René

> Try whether the following command runs correctly:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink device=hw:0 \
>  audiotestsrc ! audioconvert ! alsasink device=hw:1
With this pipeline I get exactly the same effect like with my example
pipeline. The second alsasink always makes a crackling noise, no matter
which one it is.

> If this fails with the same symptoms, I'd suspect you trigger a problem
> with alsasink.
Okay?

> You could also try to replace the alsasinks in your test program with
> wavenc ! filesink, sending each output to an own wav file which you can
> inspect afterward.
This is interesting. When sending each output to a wav file, everything
seems okay, no crackling noise. You may be right, it looks like a
problem with alsasink...

Mathis

--
DreamLab Technologies AG