[gst-devel] Reading mpeg4 packet from socket

Danilo Freire xharada at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 16:12:54 CET 2007

hi,

Why did you use a fakesrc?
If the stream come from a rtp session you should use one udpsrc and the
specific rtp depay (rtpmp4vdepay probably), like: udpsrc ! rtpmp4vdepay!
ffdec_mpeg4 ! ...

Also, you have to set the caps in the udpsrc for reception. take a look at:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-plugins-good/gst/rtp/README?revision=1.11&view=markup

It the the mpeg4 file is stored at a http place, you should use the
gnomevfssrc, but it is look like you use it in windows, so try to use other
http source, probably neonhttpsrc element:
neonhttpsrc ! decodebin ! (one video sink)

[]s

On 3/21/07, Riccardo Corona <coronariccardo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to decode and visualize an mpeg4 stream but I can't understand
> the right gstElements that I must use; I think that I need a pipeline,a
> fakesrc, a ffdec_mpeg4 (I need it for decoding), a videoscale,a
> ffmpegcolorspace,  and directdrawsink (to draw images into a window in
> winxp).
> So, my question is: Do I need some other gstElement?Gst need some other
> info about the mpeg4 stream and, if so, what's the way to pass these info to
> my gst application?
>
> Sorry for my english and my bothering question, I'm new to gstreamer
> world!
>
> Best regards.
>
> --
> Riccardo Corona