[gst-devel] Writing sink element

karmendra jain karmendra.jain at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 09:36:50 CEST 2007

Hi
i am trying to write a sink element
the tutorial says to use
GST_BOILERPLATE_FULL (GstMySink, gst_my_sink, GstBaseSink, GST_TYPE_BASE_SINK);

1: i think it should be GST_BOILERPLATE only as FULL needs one more argumnet

2: GST_BOILERPLATE calls gst_base_sink_get_type internally which has
no implementation in side it so how to go about writing a sink element

i tried writing my own get_type (gst_my_sink_get_type)
but then it says GST_TYPE_BASE_SINK undeclared

i am using make-element to generate a template and change things
accordingly like removing src pad and stuff

so can anyone tell me some way to write the sink pad ..

Thanks
karmendra